Slow cooker chicken casserole
Treat the family to this wholesome chicken casserole that delivers comfort while being low-fat. And you can let a slow cooker do most of the work
• knob of butter
• ½ tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 1 ½ tbsp flour
• 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 400g baby new potatoes, halved
• 2 sticks celery, diced
• 2 carrots, diced
• 250g mushrooms, quartered
• 15g dried porcini mushroom soaked in 50ml boiling water
• 500ml stock made with 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes (we used Kallo)
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to
• serve2 bay leaves
Heat a knob of butter and ½ tbsp rapeseed or olive oil in a large frying pan, cook 1 finely chopped large onion for 8-10 mins until softened and starting to caramelise.
Meanwhile, put 1 ½ tbsp flour and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and toss 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in it.
Add 3 crushed garlic cloves and the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins more until the chicken is starting to brown.
Transfer to your slow cooker, along with 400g halved baby new potatoes, 2 diced celery sticks, 2 diced carrots, 250g quartered mushrooms, 15g dried and soaked porcini mushrooms with the 50ml soaking liquid, 500ml chicken stock, 2 tsp Dijon mustard and 2 bay leaves.
Give it a good stir. Cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.
Remove the bay leaves and serve with a little Dijon mustard on the side.
Berkomentar Dengan Bijak